Test Date Transfers and Refund
Test takers who seek to transfer their test date or cancel their registration must do so in writing to ILSC Test Centers. In requesting a refund, please provide your full legal name, venue location, test date, and reference number. Please contact us using the same email address that you used in the online registration systems. The policies below follow the IELTS Canada Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of registration.
How to apply for a Transfer
1. More than 14 days before the test:
- Please download the IELTS request for refund or test date transfer form and fill it in. You must select a test date, where available, within the next three months from your original test date. If your preferred test date is more than three months after your original test date, your transfer may be treated as a cancellation.
- Return the form along with acceptable documentation* to the test centre by email.
- You can transfer the same booking once. Bookings that have been transferred will not be refunded.
- An administrative fee will apply.
2. Within 14 days before the test:
Any transfer requests within 14 days of the test will be treated as a cancellation
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before your test date by notifying your Test Centre. Refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether Special Considerations apply.
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test: 75% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than five days before the test: 50% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within five days of the test: no refund of test fee UNLESS you qualify for Special Consideration as below
If you need to transfer or cancel your test due to exceptional circumstances, you may do so by notifying your test centre up to 5 days after the test for IELTS on Paper and up to 2 days after the test for IELTS on Computer and providing Supporting Documentation. Circumstances warranting Special Consideration include:
Serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; such conditions require supporting evidence of a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
- Extreme weather
Unavoidable legal or military obligation
You must include official documentation supporting your claim. No Special Considerations can be approved after results are released. The test centre will assess your case and respond to you within 7 working days of receiving your case in writing. If your test centre approves your exception, you will receive a full refund less an administration fee of 25% of the test fee. If not, the standard Transfer / Cancellation Policy above will apply.
To be considered for a Special Consideration, please indicate your reason clearly on the form and also attach official evidence, such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, death certificate or military service notice letter. Supporting evidence must be received by your test centre no later than 5 days after your test for IELTS on Paper and no later than 2 days after the test for IELTS on Computer.