Test Date Transfers and Cancellations
Candidates who seek to transfer their test date or cancel their registration must do so in writing to ILSC Test Centers. Most transfers and cancellations are subject to an administrative fee.
How to apply for a Transfer or Cancellation
- Please download the IELTS request refund or test date transfer form and fill it in.
- Return the form along with acceptable documentation* to the test centre by email (We do not accept transfer or cancelation requests over the phone)
- If you are cancelling within 14 days prior to the test, you must attach Supporting Documentation* to be considered for a Test Taker Exception (please see below)
- The Administrator will advise you within one week if your request has been approved.
- An administrative fee will apply according to the following Transfer / Cancellation Policy:
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before your test date by notifying your Test Centre. Refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether exceptional circumstances apply.
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test: 75% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than three days before the test: 50% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration Within three days of the test: no refund of test fee UNLESS you meet one of the Test Taker Exceptions or COVID-19 Exceptions below
1. More than 14 days before the test:
- You may change your test date at any time more than 14 days before the test for an admin fee
- You must select a test date, where available, within the next three months from your original test date. If your preferred test date is more than three months after your original test date then your transfer will be treated as a cancellation.
- You can only transfer the same booking once.
- There is a an administration fee of up to 25% of the total test fee.
Please note that transfers are only possible with in the same test centre.
2. Within 14 days before the test:
Any transfer requests within 14 days of the test will be treated as a cancellation.
Test Taker Exceptions
If you need to transfer or cancel your test due to exceptional circumstances, you may do so by notifying your test centre up to 5 days after the test and providing Supporting Documentation. Exceptional circumstances include:
- serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day
- bereavement, trauma or other forms of significant hardship
- military service
If your test centre approves your exception, you will receive a full refund less an administration fee of 25% of the test fee. If not, the standard Transfer / Cancellation Policy above will apply.
To be considered for a Test Taker Exception, please indicate your reason clearly on the form and also attach official evidence, such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, death certificate or military service notice letter. Supporting evidence must be received by your test centre no later than 5 days after the scheduled test date.
If you are unable to take your test due to COVID-19 symptoms or possible contact with someone who has tested positive, please contact your Test Centre as soon as possible. You will be given a free transfer to another test date.
If the Test Centre is forced to cancel your test for reasons due to, but not limited to, COVID-19 safety concerns, government pandemic restrictions or extreme weather conditions, you will be given the choice of:
- a free transfer to another test date
- a full refund
Candidates who have been approved for a transfer must select a test date within the next three-month period and this will be approved by the Administrator depending on availability for the selected test date. Candidates who wish to transfer to a test date more than three months away should apply for a refund and then re-apply for the test.
A minimum $86.25 admin fee will be applicable if your request for a refund or test date transfer is approved.