Test Date Transfers and Refund
Test takers who seek to transfer their test date or cancel their registration must do so in writing to ILSC Test Centers. In requesting a refund, please provide your full legal name, venue location, test date, and reference number. Please contact us using the same email address that you used in the online registration systems.
How to apply for a Transfer
1. More than 14 days before the test:
- Please download the IELTS request for refund or test date transfer form and fill it in. You must select a test date, where available, within the next three months from your original test date. If your preferred test date is more than three months after your original test date, your transfer will be treated as a cancellation.
- Return the form along with acceptable documentation* to the test centre by email.
- You can transfer the same booking once. Bookings that have been transferred will not be refunded.
- An administrative fee will apply.
2. Within 14 days before the test:
Any transfer requests within 14 days of the test will be treated as a cancellation
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before your test date by notifying your Test Centre. Refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether exceptional circumstances apply.
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test: 75% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than five days before the test: 50% refund of total test fee
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within five days of the test: no refund of test fee UNLESS you meet one of the Test Taker Exceptions below
Test Taker Exceptions
If you need to transfer or cancel your test due to exceptional circumstances, you may do so by notifying your test centre up to 5 days after the test and providing Supporting Documentation. Exceptional circumstances include:
serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; such conditions require supporting evidence of a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
evidence of bereavement, trauma or other forms of significant hardship
The test centre will respond to you within 7 working days of receiving your case in writing. Your test centre will assess your case for exceptional circumstances. If your test centre approves your exception, you will receive a full refund less an administration fee of 25% of the test fee. If not, the standard Transfer / Cancellation Policy above will apply.
To be considered for a Test Taker Exception, please indicate your reason clearly on the form and also attach official evidence, such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, death certificate or military service notice letter. Supporting evidence must be received by your test centre no later than 5 days after the scheduled test date.